McCormick Industries is a leading CNC turning service provider and manufacturer of turned parts for various industries. We can create products exceeding your expectations with our in-house capabilities and state-of-the-art equipment.
Our facility houses cutting-edge CNC turning centers, which are capable of producing parts with ± .0001″ in length and diameter and ±.00008″ in roundness in both long and short runs. With our incredible CNC turning capabilities, we can easily follow your requirements and specifications.
How Does CNC Turning Work?
The precision equipment used in producing turned components is called a CNC lathe machine. CNC turning is a subtractive manufacturing process that shapes raw materials into desired components using a lathe machine. The workpiece is rotated by the lathe while a cutting tool precisely removes excess material, resulting in the creation of intricate shapes and features.
What are the Operational Capabilities of CNC Turning?
A CNC turning machine has operational capabilities which allow it to achieve your desired parts efficiently and precisely.
These operational capabilities are as follows:
- Milling and Drilling: In addition to turning, CNC turning machines are capable of performing milling and drilling operations to create holes, slots, and complex features.
- Threading: Threading is a process where a single-point tool is used to create internal and external threads on the workpiece.
- Knurling: When parts require extra grip, knurling is a process that cuts a serrated pattern on the material.
- Spherical Generation: This process is utilized when a sphere needs to be formed at the end of a part.
- Broaching: Broaching removes material from a workpiece using a sharp, toothed, and hardened tool. The process must be consistent, continuous, and accurate.
- Internal forming: Internal forming refers to forming parts using a tool driven into the bore, such as turning and boring.
Different Types of Turning
CNC turning utilizes various techniques in order to meet specific manufacturing requirements and create the desired part.
Some of these turning types include:
- Straight turning: Also known as cylindrical turning, this turning type can decrease the diameter in a consistent motion to prevent variation in the diameter. During this process, large parts are removed to prepare the part before precision cuts.
- Taper turning: This technique produces a conical shape on the workpiece.
- Grooving: Grooving is a process that utilizes a shaped tool to form a precise, narrow cavity around the circumference of the part.
- Face Turning: In this process, the cutting tool moves perpendicular to the rotational axis, allowing for the creation of flat surfaces on the workpiece.
Common Industries that Utilize CNC Turning
The capabilities of a CNC turning machine allows manufacturers to leverage a single machine for a wide range of tasks. Businesses across many industries can optimize production and enhance efficiency, while achieving consistent results.
Some industries that use CNC turning are as follows:
- Medical device manufacturing
- Oil & gas
In addition, CNC turning uses metals, such as, stainless steel, brass, bronze, carbon steel, copper, aluminum, titanium, steel, tool steel, plastics, and exotic alloys to create various products and parts.
Source Your Complex Parts & Components Through CNC Turning
McCormick Industries uses CNC turning for many applications to achieve the most accurate and precise parts that meet your requests and demands. Our CNC turning capabilities are designed to produce complex parts with tight tolerances while offering repeatability.
CNC Turning Capabilities
- CNC Turning Center
- Max Machining Dia.: ∅ 41mm (1.625″)
- Sub Spindle Speed: 6,000 RPM
- Max Spindle Speed: 5,000 RPM
- CNC Lathe 10 HP
- Max Machining Dia.: ∅ 41mm (1.625″)
- Max Spindle Speed: 4,200 RPM
- Additional Equipment Capabilities
- Max machining length: 18″
- Simultaneous machining with 3 tools
- Live tooling up to 6000 RPM
- Materials (Metals)
- Secondary Services Offered
Light Mechanical Assembly
- Production Volume
- Lead Times Available
Quoted on job by job basis
Emergency services available
- Industry Focus
- Industry Standards
ISO 9001:2015 Compliant
Conflict Free Minerals
- File Formats