CNC (computer numerical control) machining is an automated manufacturing process that uses high-speed cutting equipment to create precise parts out of plastic or metal materials. The most common CNC machines are 3-axis, 4-axis, and 5-axis milling machines, lathes, and routers. CNC machining is an extensively utilized subtractive manufacturing method for nearly every industry.
At McCormick Industries, our CNC machining services range from Swiss machining to turning to milling, and we serve critical industries such as aerospace, defense, and industrial.
CNC Machining Services at McCormick Industries
McCormick Industries provides a wide range of CNC machining services.
Aerospace manufacturers rely on different CNC machining processes to produce no-fail parts for critical satellites, aircraft, and other aerospace equipment. Aerospace machined components must have very strict tolerances and be made to exact specifications. CNC machining is the best way to meet these requirements.
At McCormick Industries, we are committed to quality and are keen on customer satisfaction. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and emphasize continuous improvement.
Our CNC Swiss machining equipment can create aerospace components with dimensional tolerances as tight as ±0.0001 inches. Our Swiss machining lathes have up to 9 axes, making it easy to produce very complex parts at high speed and with top-notch precision. We also have CNC turning and milling centers that produce complex parts quickly and with high repeatability.
Our additional services include polishing, sanding, and buffing part surfaces to eliminate any imperfections that can impede function.. We also partner with industry leaders that specialize in heat treating, coating and finishing services, particularly for aerospace components.
Our precision pin manufacturing services serve clients in the automotive, aerospace, and defense industries. Our equipment can operate on up to nine axes, which allows us to meet your exact specifications.
Our state-of-the-art pin manufacturing equipment can produce pins from different materials, including Mil-Spec alloys. At McCormick Industries, these are several of the materials we work with:
- Stainless steel
- Tool steel
- Carbon steel
- Exotic alloys
We also manufacture pins with custom finishes, such as a certain Rockwell hardness, a micro-finish, internal and external threads, and milled flats. Pins we machine include:
- Taper pin
- Grooved pin
- Swage pin
- Clevis pin
- Dowel pin
- Firing pin
McCormick Industries offers custom ferrule manufacturing services for commercial and industrial applications, such as handle, hose, and wire rope assemblies. A ferrule is a cap or band used to reinforce a shaft and avoid splitting. They are most often made of metal, though they can also be made from plastic.
Our ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturing facility has ultra-precise Swiss lathes that offer diameter tolerances of ±0.0001 inches, length tolerances of ±0.0001 inches, and roundness tolerances of ±0.00008.
Advantages of machining brass include a low coefficient of friction, antimicrobial properties, and non-sparking properties. Due to these benefits, brass is preferred in a wide array of applications:
- Plumbing: Liquids do not easily corrode brass, so it is favorable for plumbing applications.
- Electrical Equipment: Brass’ corrosion resistance and electrical conductivity make it an excellent material for electronic and electrical components.
- Musical Instruments: Brass also has good acoustic and malleable properties.
Our precision brass CNC Swiss turning capabilities provide fast and high accuracy for brass components up to 1.25 inches in diameter. Our lathes have up to 9 axes of motion, and we can produce precise dimensional tolerances of up to ±0.0001 inches. We can carry out numerous brass machining tasks from one setup.
Stainless steel is a popular manufacturing metal for the following reasons:
- Strength: Stainless steel’s strength-to-weight ratio makes it ideal for manufacturing lighter parts.
- Longevity: Stainless steel is durable and can withstand harsh conditions, generally lasting longer than other materials.
- Corrosion Resistance: Stainless steel contains chromium, which provides an additional layer of protection from damage by chemicals, oxidation, and other harsh environmental factors.
- Surface Finish: Stainless steel has a unique surface that allows for different types of finishing.
At McCormick Industries, our ISO 9001:2015 certified facility and team can accommodate the following stainless steel machining applications:
- CNC Milling and Turning: These high-tech machining methods are commonly used for stainless steel. They provide tight tolerances, high precision, and excellent repeatability.
- Swiss Machining: This is a cost-saving method for machining stainless steel in low or high production volumes.
Contact McCormick Industries for CNC Machining Services
At McCormick Industries, we strive to ensure our clients get the highest quality precision parts possible. Our ISO 9001:2015 certified, state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the most advanced machining equipment. With over 25 years of industry experience, we specialize in producing small and complex components for different sectors, such as the aerospace, automotive, industrial, and defense industries.